Avo with Herbs and Egg on Rye
Probably one of the best breakfasts you could possibly have. It is simple, easy, nutritious and oh so tasty! If I would go out for breakfast I would probably pay around $15 for that. Not necessary! I rather stay in my pj's, make myself a coffee and tea and enjoy my breakfast, usually sitting on the kitchen floor. Because that's the place to be in our house!
- Rye sourdough bread - 1 slice, toasted
- Avocado - 1/2, ripe, mashed
- Kale - as much as you like, finely sliced
- Egg - 1, poached
- Parsley - 1 tabelspoon, finely cut
- Dill - 1 tabelspoon, finely cut (optional)
- Basil - 1 tabelspoon, finely cut (optional)
- All you need is 1/2 a ripe avocado, mashed up
- Add some finely cut kale and parsley (and any other fresh herbs if you have, like basil, dill,....)
- Prepare a poached egg
- Put it all on a toasted slice of rye sourdough bread and you are in breakfast heaven!